Krešimir Rotim, MD, PhD
Krešimir Rotim is a specialist neurosurgeon working as the Head of the Department of Neurosurgery at the University Hospital Center Sestre Milosrdnice (from 2006 onwards). He completed his medical degree at the School of Medicine University of Zagreb in 1991. In 1994 he enrolled in a postgraduate course at the Department of Biology at the Faculty of Science where he earned a Master’s degree with the thesis “Frequency of inflammatory complications in surgeries of cerebrovascular liquor drainage“ in 1996. He defended his PhD thesis “Endoscopic third ventriculostomy using ultrasound contact microsound” in 2000.
Regarding his clinical research experience and education, Krešimir Rotim was an assistent-investigtor in clinical researches „Changes of telencephalic wall in hydrocephalus of perinatal period“ supervised by prof.dr. Pavle Miklić and „Craniocerebral trauma“ and „Functional neurosurgery“ supervised by prof.dr. Josip Paladino, all under the sponsorship of the Ministry of Science and Technology and Croatian Institute for Brain Research. In 1997 he was granted with a research project of Ministry of Science and Technology for young scientists: „Endoscopic treatment of hydrocephalus“. Since 2007 participates in research the project „Phosphorilation of tau protein in development and Alzheimer disease“, supervised by dr.sc. Goran Šimić and works as a principle investigator in international research project about subarachnoidal haemorrhage treatment CONSCIOUS-2, Protocol AC-054-301 Study Initiation Visit, that has been conducting in University Hospital Sestre Milosrdnice.
He teaches as a university professor at the School of Medicine University of Split, School of Medicine University of Zagreb, and School of Medicine University of Mostar (Bosnia and Herzegovina). He is also an Assistant of Dean for International Cooperation and Development at the University of Applied Health Studies.
He was a Director of the University Hospital Sestre Milosrdnice from 2008 till 2012.
a) International (CC-Current Contents)
- Vrhovac R, Francetić I, Rotim K. Drug trials on healthy-volunteers in Yugoslavia. Int J of Clin Phar and Ther 1990; 28(9):375-9.
- Rotim K, Miklić P, Paladino J, Melada A, Marcikić M, Ščap M. Reducing the infection incidence in pediatric cerebrospinal fluid shunt operations. Childs Nerv Syst 1997; 13(11-12):584-7.
- Paladino J, Rotim K, Heinrich Z. Neuroendoscopic fenestration of arachnoid cysts. Minim Invas Neurosurg 1998; 41(3):137-40.
- Paladino J, Štimac D, Rotim K, Pirker N, Štimac A. Ultrasonic contact microprobe: Experimental results. Minim Invas Neurosurg 2000; 43(2):72-4.
- Melada A, Heinrich Z, Chudy D, Ščap M, Rotim K. The difference between ultrasound guided and stereotactic-guided neurosurgical procedures. Minim Invas Neurosurg 2000; 43(3):149-52.
- Paladino J, Rotim K, Štimac D, Pirker N, Štimac A. Endoscopic third ventriculostomy with ultrasonic contact microprobe. Minim Invas Neurosurg 2000; 43(3):132-4.
- Paladino J, Rotim K, Pirker N, Glunčić V, Jurić G, Kalauz M. Minimally invasive treatment of caveronous angioma of the optic chiasm: Case report. Minim Invas Neurosurg 2001; 44(2):114-6.
b) International publications other than CC (SCI, SSCI, and Index Medicus, Excerpta Medica, Biological or Chemical Abstracts)
- Rotim K, Jukic V, Rudez I, Culo A, Severdija R. Relationship between working ability of alcoholic and their involvement in Alcoholics Anonymous. 1995; 23(1-2):89-95. (PsychINFO)
- Miklić P, Gjurašin M, Barišić N, Lukenda M, Rotim K, Chudy D. Complete remission of central diabetes insipidus associated with communicating hydrocephalus following shunting – a case report. Neurol Croat 1996; 45(1):29-37.
- Melada A, Marcikic M, Rotim K, Pazanin L. Intracranial meningioma associated with cholesteatoma. Neurol Croat 1997; 46(1-2):59-65.
- Paladino J, Rotim K, Mrak G, Grizelj M, Glunčić V. Endoscopically assisted microsurgery of benign pineal region tumors. Neurol Croat 1998; 47(3-4):209-15.
- Heinrich Z, Melada A, Mrak G, Scap M, Rotim K. Facio-orbito-cranial missile injuries. Neurol Croat 1999; 48(2-3):85-92.
- Chudy D, Sporis D, Rotim K. Occipital neuralgia relieved with C2 ganglionectomy. Neurol Croat 2004; 53(1-2):29-33.
- Kolic Z, Zamolo G, Eskinja N, Willheim K, Rotim K, Mihaljevic D, Chudy D. Postmeningitis adult hydrocephalus following contracted tuberculous menigitis in childhood? Neurol Croat 2004; 53(3-4):95-8.
- Rotim K, Marinovic T, Paladino J. Considerations and complications of ventricular endoscopy. A retrospective clinical study. Neurol Croat 2005; 54 (3-4): 55-61.
- Rotim K, Marinovic T, Vilendecic M, Pavic L, Grahovac G. Computed tomography angiography vs. digital subtraction angiography for detection and characterization of intracranial aneurysms at Dubrava Hospital, Zagreb. Neurol Croat 2007; 56(3-4):43-8.
- Demarin V, Bašić-Kes V, Zavoreo I, Bosnar-Puretić M, Rotim K, Lupret V, Perić M, Ivanec Z, Fumić L, Lušić I, Aleksić-Shihabi A, Kovač B, Ivanković M, Škobić H, Maslov B, Bornstein N, Niederkorn K, Sinanović O, Rundek T. Recommendations for neuropathic pain treatment. Acta Clin Croat 2008, 47(3):181-91.
- Sajko T, Rotim K, Kudelić N, Krpina H, Miletić L. Intraventrikular location of metastatic breast carcinoma: a case report. Acta Clin Croat 2009, 48(1):55-8.
- Božić B, Rotim K, Kogler A, Broz R, Krpina H, Čupić H, Radić J. Cerebellar Glioblastoma in the elderly – case report. Acta Clin Croat 2009; 48:175-8.
- Rotim K. Neurotraumatologija, Medicinska naklada, Zagreb, 2006.
- Rotim K. Trauma. U: Shemer J, Shoenfeld Y. Terorizam i medicina. Prijevod Krešimir Rotim. Medicinska naklada Zagreb 2007; 345-477.
- Rotim K, Kovač D. Kirurško liječenje hernije lumbalnog intervertebralnog diska. U: Grazio S, Buljan D. Križobolja. Naklada Slap, Zagreb, 2008; 429-51.
- Rptim K, Sajko T. Neurokirurgija. Zdravstveno veleučilište, Zagreb, 2010.
- Rotim K. i sur. Prometni traumatizam. Medicinska naklada, Zagreb, 2012.
- Rotim K. i sur. Cerebrovaskularna neurokirurgija, Medicinska naklada, Zagreb, 2015.